Downloading to Data Tables in a SLC

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a need to enter ~36,000 data points into the data tables N200...N255 on 10 different PLCs (SLC 5/04). I have all the data points in excel already and would like to find a way to do an automatic upload, rather then typing them all out by hand.

I've got access to a Kepware OPC server and a pretty good grasp on VBA programming, is there an easy way to upload all the data to the PLCs?

Last edited:
In this case it would be a Download. You should be able to do it directly from Excel using the Kepware OPC. Do a search on here, there are lots of Threads covering this subject. They primarily use RSLinx, but you should be able to set up the Kepware to do it.

Stu....

Another alternative is to export the .RSS program to a .SLC library format and open it in a text editor. Find the relevant files and cut/paste the values in. Then open the .SLC file in Logix500 and save as a .RSS file.

That is a very nice Link Ken. I have bookmarked it, and Downloaded the files. I will give it a try when I have some free time. I think a lot of the members will find it useful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Stu....

I couldn't view Ken's link but did find the tool on RA's site. If it uses standard OPC calls, I can make KEpware look like RSLinx fairly easily. Will try it tomorrow when I get back to work.