OPC remote server & SIMATIC NET

awnet

Hi All,

I'm just making a project using VB.NET SIMATIC NET Siemens and ITS OPC to connect a pc client station to remote server.

More precisely I need to read PLC TAG in my VB.NET application that is the OPC Client connecting to a remote OPC server.

My question is this: Do I need SIMATIC NET installed on both station (client and server)? Or only on server side station. o_O

Thank you very much for your support.

Similar Topics

Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
hey guys. i am having an issue and maybe somebody here can help me out with it. i have a panelview plus that i am trying to get to read kepserver...
Replies
Views
Dear all, It's my first time configuring the cimplicity taking values from a remote Kepware OPC server on a Windows Server 2012 station. I have...
Replies
Views
I remember reading a thread that explained how to use a remote PC running RSLinx Classic as a server to allow an Ecxel spreadsheet running on...
Replies
Views
I've already done everything that I could (including reading all of the Tech Notes) but could not read the simple tag throu FS Gateway 1.5 (OPC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom