which plc better

Which is better, steel or aluminum?

Which is better, alternating current or direct current?

Which is better, Honda or Toyota?

Without context, your question is meaningless. In certain applications one brand may offer a better model than another, but for the majority of applications, the brand that is best for you may be different than the brand that's right for me. Both companies make products that live up to the claims made for them. Both companies have been participants in the industrial automation market for many years and show every sign of continuing to participate in that market.

"AB is the best Omron is good Siemens sucks" Are we allowed to use those two words together in one sentence on this Forum or is that for another Forum?

Rube

Sorry if I insulted your feelings this word came to show the difference
between this brands.and to say the true.Siemens have very good stuff
not PLCs.

Arik

No offense taken. I too was making a joke--about forums and material.

I realize everyone has a favorite (or comfort zone in my case). I learned on PLCs, then SLCs. Then I had an Omron thrown at me and I had to learn it the hard way. Based on my knowledge of AB, I had only minor problems making my way through Syswin. I am still more comfortable with AB, even though they may not be everyone elses cup of tea.
I have used Seimens electrical components but not their PLCs so I don't know how good or bad they are. I assume they are good enough since they seem to have a barn load of them in service.

Rube

I pretty familiar with both of them (Omron and AB) I use omron in last 15 years. Syswin is GREAT software.If you have good configuration it become pleasure to programe with.AB is good but little bit more complicated to use.(not to program. I talking from user side)You dont have shortcuts and you need to use the mouse a lot.
Siemens from the other side come to make the work harder and harder.
It certainly not my cup of tea.I treid to use it once and thats it.

Before you start asking questions like that and starting WW111 around here, AGAIN, you should have a look at your application, your customer's standard, local support, local availablity, networks, ease of setting up and using networks, remote I/O systems, and what can be the greatest time saver of all for an integrator SOFTWARE!!! etc etc. My starting point is always software and the I take it from there.

You will find many "disussions" here on which brand is best but at the end of the day you make your own decision. This should be based on a thorough investigation of a criteria list that you have developed.

Another thing you should carefully consider is warranty and service. No good deciding on a brand and then finding out that the local service and repair system sucks.

One item that is invariably not considered carefully is warranty. I am an integrator and invariably I have had the PLCs for up to 6 months, sometimes even longer, before practical completion is awarded on a job. This means that 6 months of the warranty have passed before my defects liability period commences. That is normally 12 months. PLC dies, I cop the cost of replacing it. My favourite PLC maker has a 2 year warranty period in Australia. No arguments. If I use another brand I negotiate with the supplier to commence their warranty at the date of practical completion. If they will not, I then go to my customer and explain the situation and attempt to have the PLC brand changed to a more practical, user friendly supplier. As soon as the originally specified supplier finds out what I am doing, they come running with all sorts of offers, or they lose the job. I cannot afford to use warranty unfriendly suppliers or I would go broke.

beerchug