.NET Develop Needs Help!!!

tanyagarrett

I'm a .NET Developer. In most cases, I've parsed text files into databases from a TCP Listener. More often then not, the control engineer has a DDS setup or OPC. I use the IP address and pull text files. I'm not having much luck on this project. My TCP Listener keeps getting a socket exception. I tried to demo an OPC, and I get an error message that the IP doesn't exist. The controls engineer send me a formula to try in Excel (=cti2572|igloo4!'v50'), but it gives me an error message that there is an error in the formula. I know I have the right IP address because I can pull up the IP and see the diagnostic menu, etc.

At this point, I'm at a total loss. They set up the VM. They said there are no firewall issues that would interfere. What the heck do I try next???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Willing to read, watch videos, or anything else that might be a good resource.

Thanks!

I'm a .NET Developer. In most cases, I've parsed text files into databases from a TCP Listener. More often then not, the control engineer has a DDS setup or OPC. I use the IP address and pull text files. I'm not having much luck on this project. My TCP Listener keeps getting a socket exception. I tried to demo an OPC, and I get an error message that the IP doesn't exist. The controls engineer send me a formula to try in Excel (=cti2572|igloo4!'v50'), but it gives me an error message that there is an error in the formula. I know I have the right IP address because I can pull up the IP and see the diagnostic menu, etc.

At this point, I'm at a total loss. They set up the VM. They said there are no firewall issues that would interfere. What the heck do I try next???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Willing to read, watch videos, or anything else that might be a good resource.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!

What OPC Servers and PLCs are you trying to Develop your Dot Net Applications with?

What Operating System and Service Pack?

What Version of Dot Net?

Stu....

TI 545 with a CIT 2752. Using ASP.NET 4.0 for Explorer 7 or higher. VM I'm using has Window 7. Using the standard CTI DDS. Don't really want to use an OPC if I can help it. I tried connecting using the standard Kepware OPC for the CTI 2572.

TI 545 with a CIT 2752. Using ASP.NET 4.0 for Explorer 7 or higher. VM I'm using has Window 7. Using the standard CTI DDS. Don't really want to use an OPC if I can help it. I tried connecting using the standard Kepware OPC for the CTI 2572.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with ASP.Net or CTI. A couple of more questions to help clarify things for anyone else who might.

Are you using a VMWare VM, or some other type?

How are you trying to Communicate with the PLC?
i.e. Serial, Ethernet.

Is the PLC Communications working, and your problem is between ASP.NET and CTI, or visa/versa?

Stu....

CTI-2572 Ethernet card. Working on another PC, but can't seem to get anything working on the VM, which is VMWare.
Not sure if this helps but.... you should bridge your physical "ethernet port" of the PC to the VM you are using to do the setup with.
You may be using a "Virtual ethernet port" and not even knowing it.

So... Answer I got from CTI was that I had to have the DDS on the machine I was trying to connect with. Unfortunately, the DDS doesn't run on Windows 7 and the machine I"m writing the software for is on Windows 2000.

So I got an answer, but it left me stuck again...