Need help about Drive selection

Please excuse my bit of fun
I need batteries for my crystal ball.
most Drive manufacturers will be willing to help you.

you need to know HP/KW - load / friction what are you doing.
other than that it is guess work from us

As already said, we need more details.

Application - is this a HVAC application, a conveyor orsomething else? Many manufacturers of drives are building custom drives for different applications.

Motor data - including nominal motor current.

Environment.

Once you have all that I could recomend you to look at Danfoss's configurator:

http://drivecat.danfoss.net/ipc_stdalo/init.do?scenario.xcm=z-dd-ipc_stdalo-sec

Best regards,

Michal_dk

Absent any specific data, the general process is this:

First, understand the torque-speed requirements of your load
Second, pick a motor that will produce those torques over the speed range and select a voltage and enclosure that meets your local needs
Third, find the motors current requirements to produce the torque over the whole speed range. There are two torques and resultant currents---continuous running torque and short-term peak torque. These will give you continuous running amps and peak amps
Fourth, select a drive with continuous and peak current adequate for the needs of the motor. Also, determine the drive enclosure type and I/O requirements including fieldbus communications, if any.

That should do it. Notice that hp didn't play any part in the process.