Need help with direct comm with a Ormec G series ServoDrive via DOS

Stig

This is an older system.

My supervisor managed to let the magic smoke out of two of the comm boards in the ServoDrive controller, after replacing them we were able to get communication with the controller back online, however nothing to the drives, no LED's at all on the drives are on. Is there a DOS based program we could use to direct comm to the drives just to test them. This got threw in my lap today, and my supervisor left before I started shift, so the full extent is unknown to me on what was attempted.

My opinion has been for the last year to replace all of the hardware to newer equipment, its running a PLC5 (has issues), with an ancient version of WonderWare (had a previous thread on replacing the wonderware). I'm kinda thinking my supervisor did my dirty work for me by accidentally proving we just need to upgrade the hardware by letting magic smoke out.

Update

Supervisor also managed to to let the magic smoke out of the 3 servo drives, in essence he fried everything in the enclosure, guess I will be upgrading everything now.

no replies necessary to this thread, got the answer I needed.