2 CLICKs

Tom@Pton

I have been using CLICKs from AD. They work well for the small projects I am usually involved with. A customer would like to monitor the current on 4 motors. CLICKs only have 2 analog inputs. I could use current switches for FLA and UC but the 4-20ma work so well, especially when I add a small HMI to aid in setting parameters once it is installed in the field.

Can 2 CLICKs be connected Master/slave, & would my Cmore Micro be able to access both?

those clicks have a 485 modbus port don't see why you couldn't have one grab data from the other or just have the hmi grab data directly depends on what your ultimate goal is

Tom,
One thing to consider when using the DL-series PLCs from AutomationDirect is that the programming software is not free. If you need over 100 words for your program (and you almost certainly will), you have to buy the full version of the software; $395 last time I checked. Still a deal compared to most other PLC programming software packages, but its cost is something to consider.

I'd recommend buying DirectSoft; you'll have access to programming for all of the DL PLCs. They are expandable and more capable than the Click.

-rpoet

I would think using analog he will go way past the 100 words, I thought they (Click) were coming out with an analog I/O expansion... not sure when it will be but I would think soon... if the project can wait

Tom,
One thing to consider when using the DL-series PLCs from AutomationDirect is that the programming software is not free. If you need over 100 words for your program (and you almost certainly will), you have to buy the full version of the software; $395 last time I checked. Still a deal compared to most other PLC programming software packages, but its cost is something to consider.

I'd recommend buying DirectSoft; you'll have access to programming for all of the DL PLCs. They are expandable and more capable than the Click.

-rpoet

I have the software on an older laptop. I didn't take the time to work with it but have updated the software and will look at it again. I am most familiar with RSLogix and there is enough difference in the terminology that I just didn't take the time back then. The CLICK was an economical alternative to ML for my small projects so I forced myself to look at those. The shift from CLICK to DS5 doesn't look as daunting. We will see.

Mostly I am using the analog inputs to look for undercurrent (broken belts), overcurrent (plugged augers), and a simple shock relay for when that long lost wrench finally shows up. Orderly shutdown before things break and the ability to display what stopped first and why on an HMI. The old farm isn't what it used to be and owners are more accepting of the technology that is available.