Series One - RS232 without a Comm Adapter<?>

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a IC610CCM105D Data Communications Adapter and I need to connect a RS232 port to it.

G.E.'s book shows that a 232<->422 adapter is needed.

Is there a "trick" cable that can be made to connect to this DCU, which avoids the conversion to RS-422?

I don't know whether or not it will work with what you have, but here's a link to Russ' 'cheater' cable.

http://forums.ge-ip.com/showthread.php?t=16709&highlight=cheater

Note that the pin designations on the RS-485 side refer to the 15-pin Dsub on a Series 90 PLC. If you adapt it to your situation be sure to match the signal names and not the pins.

Similar Topics

Hi, I need some help on how to write the command to print a string of ASCII code to a sato printer The sato printer model is CL4NX (2 unit)...
Replies
Views
Please Could somebody help me as I have hit a brick wall with this. I'm trying to send simple decimal value from 0 to 99 to a 3rd party piece of...
Replies
Views
Can't Communicate using RS232. I finally got the english version of the tech manual for LG. I've followed the instructions step by step. i still...
Replies
Views
hi fellas iam chasing the wiring diagram for the Series one GE Fanuc plc rs232 interface model no. ic630ccm390 so i can use it to hook up a pc to...
Replies
Views
has anyone ever used a usb to rs-232 conveter for a mitsubishi series A1-sh plc i get a error of a connection speed not matching and is timing out :(
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom