Modicon M258 Logic Controller IPconfig?

peelseeds

Has anyone ever setup this PLC before?

I am having a tough time configuring the IP.

I've tried DHCP and Schneider BOOTP program with no luck.

I can ping the PLC (default according to manual)

I tried a USB, and the m258 driver gets installed but in SoMachine software there is NO option for USB transfer, I only see Serial.

SoMachine should connect through the gateway service to the Ethernet port. We use the LMC058 and it should be very similar in config. If you can ping it, can you get to the webpage (should be able to)? Then you have to select the correct PLC model in SoMachine and in the Gateway selector it will usually just find it on the web by searching. If you selected the wrong PLC, I have seen where the search will not find it.