HMI programming

VIRUZIE

Hello Everyone, I have a little challenge in some programming task I need to get rid of. I am suppose to use factory talkview to program so that I can get some information from an upstream and downstream production lines to an operator HMI. Some of the information could be speed and fault messages. I am new in programming and moreover not familiar with Allen Bradley programs.

In addition to this, I sometimes see wrong information from our production HMI indicating that a machine is faulted whiles that particular machine is still running. What could be the problem and how do I solve it? Any help?
I will be glad to get some necessary tit bits to get on with my mini project.
Thanks

Viruzie

Welcome to the Forum !

Post some more details, and other users can help guide you to the parts of FactoryTalk View and RSLogix software that you need to use to diagnose and repair this system.

Frequently, Alarm messages persist even when the condition that caused them has been cleared and the machine is running again. What you are seeing might be because you're looking at a History, or because of the way the Alarm flags are programmed inside the PLC.

i have seen someone move fault logic in the plc to keep the faults in line with a specific area and forget to update the alarm messaging display.

another possibility is the programmer miscounted / fat fingered the wrong message area.

regards,
james