Detecting faults with two motors

melmak

Hi everyone. I am working on a problem and trying to figure out the simplest soultion of it. If you have more experience in the field, please help.

There are 2 motors in a system. Only one motor can run at a time. There can be situation when the system has low pressure. If the system has low pressure, it switches over to the other motor. Let's suppose motor 1 is running, and we have low pressure in the system. The system switches to motor 2. But pressure is still low, as it didnt have time to reach the required level. This will cause fault for motor 1, too. What is used in this case? Timer after switching pumps? Or is there any other tecnique?

Just use a timer to allow the pump to stay up for a time before it samples the switch. This can be as simple as a normally closed contact of the timer coil in parallel with the switch contact.

There are 2 motors in a system. Only one motor can run at a time. There can be situation when the system has low pressure.
Is this a compressed air system with two alternating compressors?

From what you are describing, it sounds like your problem is a lack of capacity for whatever you are pumping. Running just one isn't going to solve your problem.