Mitsubishi Gppw Software with USB port Interface

forever

Hi, Does anyone know for Mitsubishi Gppw Software, can it support USB port ? As my new laptop does not have serial port only have USB port.

I purchased an Omron USB/232 converter that has worked very well with everything I have tried it on, so far.

The other thing I like about this device is that is has transmit and receive lights. You can see what is going on. Most usefull, not cheap though.

By the way I am running XP Home on a HP laptop. I have successfully connected to Omron C200H - C200 Alpha - CPM1A - CPM2A - ZEN - screens - CS1 - CJ1 with Syswin - CX-Programmer 4.01 - NTSE 4.6 - NS Designer 5 - Device Net Configurator, Hitachi EC with ActsipE - H series with Actsip H and Actwin, Mitsubishi with GX Developer, GE-Fanuc 90-30 with Logicmaster 90, Schneider Twido and smart relay, and several other brands so far. Had to change the com port number in Device Manager as some programs will only recognise coms 1 & 2. Have not been out to service an AB with the new setup yet but it will come shortly I am sure.

beerchug

Last edited:
Bob, can we consider this the 'report back' you mentioned in THIS POST?

If so, could you please add it to that thread so it gets included in the 'works/doesn't work' list?. A simple cut/paste of what you wrote above will suffice... :nodi:

I'm just hoping to make that thread a sort of 'mini database' we can point to when questions like forever's appear... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Fair enough Eric. Will do.

I guess the problem is that this particular issue turns up many times on several websites. I am getting old and suffering from "old timers disease" and miss them sometimes.

Hey Phil, why don't we have an old timers disease smiley?

I guess this is close.

šŸ™ƒ

Thanks, Bob!... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. Here's the closest 'old timer's disease' smiley I could find for you -->
16.gif