Remote Connect

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I need to set up my PLC-5/40 so that Im able to go online with the processor from a remote location. It is currently connected to a work group via Ethernet. I have never done this before and don't even know where to begin. What software and hardware would be required? Thank you.

Good day all. I need to set up my PLC-5/40 so that Im able to go online with the processor from a remote location. It is currently connected to a work group via Ethernet. I have never done this before and don't even know where to begin. What software and hardware would be required? Thank you.

If you already have a PC you can Remote into, you can use something like VNC, or Logmein to Remote into the PC.

If not, give us some more information about your Network, and connection to the PLC5.

Stu....

Right - that would be the simpler approach...

If you already have a PC you can Remote into, you can use something like VNC, or Logmein to Remote into the PC.

Is there an IT department that could help you with VPN access? That would allow you to work from your computer as if it were plugged in there.

If not, give us some more information about your Network, and connection to the PLC5.

Stu....

What I have is: a PC that is used as a client and server for our FT Software. The other client is an AB VersaView 1700P which is in the process room. The PLC-5 and both PC's are connect to an Ethernet Switch (hub). They do not have internet access. However, by the sounds of it, I will need internet access. We leave it without this access to keep operators off of the server and surfin' the web. Thank you.