Kepware OPC DA connect to a remote domain

timcph2008

TLDR:
I try to establish the OPC communication between Kepware OPC DA Client to ABB 800xA OPC DA Server. In the Kepware OPC quick client of poll data from the server if I specific locate the Remote Machine IP and Prog ID. But it wont able to discover the OPC server through the setup wizard.

---------
I setup the OPC server and client base on the Kepware manual.
and I pretty much follow everything from this web:
https://www.opcti.com/opc-dcom-five-tips.aspx

I have 2 VM, 1 is domain controller, and 1 is a user for the ABB service.
Also I have a laptop with Kepware OPC Client. All machine joined to the domain, the OPC Client and Server machine are in the same group(OPCGroup) with all permissive it needed.

In the ABB service machine, which the OPC server locates. I follow the Kepware manual, which I setup DCOM, disabled all firewall, and enable network discovery. Make sure OPCEnum is running, and enable access, launch permission to the OPCgroup, and so on.

In the Kepware OPC Client, I was not able to discover the ABB machine when I create a channel. But If I enter the Program ID and IP address. I can pull the structure. However I still not able to pull the data, as the OPC path was wrong.

For instance, the correct path is Applications.Application_1.Diagram1.MaxReal_.Out

Since I created a channel in Kepware, now the path is
Channel1.Device1.Applications.Application_1.Diagram1.MaxReal_.Out

When I launch a quick client and create the server connection specific, I am able to browse the tags and get a good value.

I am confused, what setup I was not done?
Since the connect is here, I used OPC Expert.exe or Kepware Quick Client I can get data. But the Kepware was "blind", and need my direction to make it sort of works.

Do any of you guys have similar experience before?