is there such thing as discrete logic gates for sensor inputs?

abcbeck

is there such thing as discrete logic gates for sensor inputs?

I ran out of inputs for my plc rack

I want to run a pair of sensor to a AND gate , so I can share this input

2 sensor into 1 input

are there any ready made product that does it??

I would just use 2 relays (solid-state if speed is an issue), and wire the outputs in series. Banner does make a module that can be configured as an AND gate. I used these YEARS ago for simple logic.

http://info.bannerengineering.com/xpedio/groups/public/documents/literature/03351.pdf

Note that these gate modules are NPN in and out... đź““

Also consider just wiring the sensors in series. The first sensor powers the second, and the second's output goes to the PLC. Keep in mind that there may be powerup delays. I don't like doing this as it can be difficult to adjust the sensors (especially 2-wire sensors!).

🍻

-Eric