trying to get counter to work with relay outputs

RH68

I am trying to get 3 counters hooked up to the relay outputs of a Micrologix1000 plc to operate properly. I know that the counters are designed to work with transistor outputs but the PLC purchased for the project is relay output only. At first I was having a debounce issue with the relays and the counters were picking up false counts. The manufacturer of the counter suggested putting capacitors across each relay output and this solved the problem, when only one counter is hooked up.

Unfortunately, once all three counters were hooked up, the relays seem to be causing noise on each other and causing false counts. When one relay is pulsing, it is causing the counters hooked up to the other relays to count sporadically.

Is there anything else I can try to get these counters to work properly, short of getting a transistor output PLC?

Thanks

There is a capacitor across each relay. When I first tested out the program only one counter was wired to the PLC, so we thought the problem was solved until now when the other 2 counters were wired.