Siemens IM151-3 PN

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Afternoon Gents,

I have looked through the manual, but cannot find a definitive answer. What is the MMC card used for with the IM151-3 PN module? The module appears to work fine without it. Does it have to be used? I recall a thread about this in the past, but had no luck in my search.

Thanks

No, you dont HAVE to use the MMC card.
But if the IM151-3 becomes defective, to quickly install a spare without having to configure it with STEP7 you need to have the MMC card. For a permanent installation I wouldnt gamble on not using the MMC card.

Similar Topics

Hi In one of our machine, there is Seimens PLC IM151-8 PN/Dp CPU. HMI is connected via Ethernet and other devices are connected via Profibus...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have IM151-8 Siemens PLC, i want to connect it with Modbus and read/write on it using Modbus protocol. How can i do this? Do i need...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i want to make a TCP connection to an "other station" in Simatic Manager to be able to send commands to an external device. I wanted to...
Replies
Views
Happy Saturday! I've never used the HF module before and am attempting to do some PROFIsafe testing, and the Link LEDs don't light up on either...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have 2 PLC on the plant one is a CPU Siemens IM151-8 the other is an AB CompactLogix. Do you know if is it possible to connect by a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom