ProWORK NxT

froglips

I realize that this is old, antiquated software, but I need a copy to take care of old antiquated hardware. First, does anyone know of a download link (that works) to a trial version; and second, does anyone happen to have a full version with manuals that they might want to sell?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with Proworx NXT except to say that you might have trouble running it on a 32 bit operating system. I say might because some people have run it OK, but we had trouble with it. NXT is more stable that the two main 32 bit alternatives. Proworx32 is still sold by Schneider but IME it is buggy software. It also seems to hang a lot only to resume what it was doing after a while, as though it had an attention deficit disorder. That can be very frustrating. Proworx32's user interface is cluttered and the network display can be crowded down to the point that its not convenient to read on a lap top screen. The other alternative is "PLC WorksShop for Modicon" by FasTrak Softworks. This software works fairly well most of the time but I have had it blue screen on me. It doesn't have some of the cool features of NXT but it has a very clean uncluttered user interface and is easy to use. I have both Proworx32 and PLC Workshop for Modicon and PLC Workshop is what I use most of the time.

Thank you for the answer. We have PLC Workshop, and for some reason it will not work on our system. We have a system, that is a hybrid of LON/ModBUS, ModBUS+, with a UTICOR TouchScreen thrown in for variety. Please do not asked me why, for I have no clue, but it makes trying to keep it all working a headache (especially for someone who isn't fluent in ANY of those protocols)! I had planned to run NxT in a VM box, as everything I have read to this point says, that this is the best way to keep it working correctly.

Thanks again for your response.

I was running ProworxNxT on a WindowsXP laptop just last week - yeah its clunky and hogs the processor a lot (ie: don't make the computer multitask - just let it do proworx - I ended up with 2 laptops in the same room) But it did work.

Sorry I cannot help with a trial version or other software.

-John

Let me find out first, if there any law breaking for put ZIP file here or not...

I use XP Pro and it works fine.