Redlion to ACTech Comms

mjoubert

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the comms to work between a Lenze ACTech Drive fitted with the SMV RS485 option module and a G306 using the Lenze Lecom A/B Master driver?

If so... How? I've read all the relevant docs but this pairing does not seem to work.

I have managed to connect to it with the Techlink software using a USB to RS485 converter using the modbus protocol (P400=2, 8 data bits, 2 stop bits, 9600 baud, parity none).

I am still unable to connect my G306 via lecom protocol (P400=7, 7 data bits, 1 stop bits, 9600 baud, parity even).

Please can someone help me before I go totally insane.

Many Thanks

Lecom is the driver for the pure Lenze drives.
I assume since it is a point to point connection (PC to Drive port) no terminating resistors and such needed as the adapter takes care of it.
Are you sure the AC Tech unit you have will talk "Lecom"?
It may be some sort of an altered Lecom driver that you may need to use.
I know Lenze GDC (Global Drive Control) software offers the Lecom driver as well as an RS-232/485 alternate driver driver as well.
No laptop handy, can't remember the exact name.
On the other hand I'd shoot an e-mail to Red Lion to find out what exactly needs to be seen/setup on the Red Lion end to make it work and at least rule out that part as a ssource of trouble.