Function Block (FB)/Function (FC)

Riche Robledo

To all...

I know how to make a sequence logic using ladder diagram for S7 300/400 and I could simulate it using by S7 Simulator. I would like to try to simulate the logic with Function Block or Function to convince myself that I could do it.But I have never done to simulate the logic with Function Block or Function.

My question is; 🤞🏻

1.Is it possible to simulate the logic with Function Block/Function using S7 simulator only?
2.How I can prove myself that the logic I made with FB/FC will work?
3.Is there other way to simulate it even without real PLC modules?

Respectfully yours;
RR

I love sequence control

To all...

I know how to make a sequence logic using ladder diagram for S7 300/400 and I could simulate it using by S7 Simulator. I would like to try to simulate the logic with Function Block or Function to convince myself that I could do it.But I have never done to simulate the logic with Function Block or Function.

My question is; 🤞🏻

1.Is it possible to simulate the logic with Function Block/Function using S7 simulator only?
2.How I can prove myself that the logic I made with FB/FC will work?
3.Is there other way to simulate it even without real PLC modules?

Respectfully yours;
RR

I love sequence control

One question.

You say you simulated code? where was this code if not in an FC or FB?

Sir peter;

If I make sequence logic for function block how I can simulate it using S7 simulator? Is it possible?
If I make also sequence for Function how I can simulate it too using S7 simulator? Is it possible?

I dont have PLC modules (S7 300/400) but I have only Simatic Manager with S7 Simulator.I want to try only the logic I will make if it works or not.

Respectfully yours;
RR
I love sequence control..

Yes, you can simulate your process and test your sequence. Call your process simulation block at the start of OB1 where you can write to the inputs. If you have analogues not in the process image then you will have to read them from a db or mw when simulating as you cannot write to a PIW.

Yes, you can simulate your process and test your sequence.Call your process simulation block at the start of OB1 where you can write to the inputs. If you have analogues not in the process image then you will have to read them from a db or mw when simulating as you cannot write to a PIW.

Sir L D;

I called the function block into the OB1 to process and simulate by S7-PLCSIM simulator but when I download it, the SF lit indicator will lit and the CPU run will not activate. Have I any mis-understanding how to process the simulation block from OB1 using S7-PLCSIM?

Please let me know because i am new PLC's enthusiasm.🤞🏻

Respectfully;
RR

The diagnostic buffer will tell you why the CPU has gone into stop.

(Cntrl+D from Simatic manager with blocks folder highlighted)