Indistrial Protocols

vater292

Hey I joined the forum here to see if anyone had any helpful informations for someone that is new to industrial protocols. A little background is A company that I have been interning at just hired me on as a field engineer. My background is mechanical engineering. But, with what they have been explaining to me what I will be doing and the training I have been working through they want me to be able to troubleshoot our products that are dealing with DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, and ProfiNet. I have never really done anything as far as this stuff goes. I have been given a few resources and been reading through them trying to get a better understanding. I am also working with one of our main engineers who know his stuff. He is also going to set up a few tests for me to troubleshoot. But anything else that I can find to help with this would be beneficial I think.

P.S.
I am going to be working with all kinds of industry but it is going to be robotics based systems.

Thanks

welcome to the site.
pleaase search the site for your requirements there are many recent posts that will answer your questions

Ethernet/IP and devicenet are part of ODVA. www.odva.org. For devicenet i recommend to download and read "The devicenet bible" (Devicenet book of knowledge), for ethernet/IP go to www.ab.com and download the following material(pdf files): enet-wp004, enet-um001, enet-td001, enet-td003.
I´ve never used profinet so i got no info.