GML Commander...

cintronfamily

Hi all,

I need to connect to a 1394 to make a change. I have a GML Commnader CD with license but when trying to install it on my PC the CD is blank! Something happened to the CD over time and lost the data (I try on different computers). Does anybody knows where I can download a copy of the software? (I do have the license number)

Hi

It's been about 6 years but I remember you need the source code before you can make any changes. I am not sure if you have used gml before but it's not the most simple software to use. It's can be quite hard to follow the code online as it jumps around from block to block so I would be carefull if I was you and be sure that you have a backup before doing changed

Donnchadh

... you need the source code before you can make any changes. I am not sure if you have used gml before but it's not the most simple software to use. It's can be quite hard to follow the code online as it jumps around from block to block so I would be carefull if I was you and be sure that you have a backup before doing changed

Donnchadh

This is all true, and in addition, it is a very good idea to record all the gains and other axis and system settings...often what you see with commander is not really what's in there, so proceed with caution. It is possible to reconstruct almost all of a GML diagram from an uploaded script, all you need is some old manuals a big bottle of aspirin and no time limit...

I never used the "trace" feature to follow the logic around...not very effective with multiple tasks and lots of encapsulated code. For troubleshooting GML diagrams, the terminal window and the "Print" block are your best friends...just add print blocks in the paths you want to trace, and when that part of the logic operates, the printed text/variables will pop up in the terminal window.

Last edited: