Electronics

ecoste

I'm trying to comunicate two twidos using modbus tcp/ip, if is posible I'd like to have an example of ladder programming with the register used.

Thanks;

Ecoste

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have very little experience with Twido and maybe there is a propietary protocol for the PLCs to communicate over ethernet...

However, generally there can only be one master on a Modbus RTU/Modbus TCP network or rather 2 masters cannot communicate.
So If you are to use Modbus TCP, one of the PLCs needs to be configured as a Modbus TCP slave or If the PLCs needs to be masters, you could use a gateway (Modbus slave to Modbus slave).

My 2 cents

Hi Pudden,
Thanks for response, Modbus is the protocol that schneider use for comunication. It can be RTU, ASCII or TCP/IP. Like you are mensioning, you can configure a master and the rest as slaves. Until that point I´m OK. But when trying to edit my ladder (for twido), in the master, I´m not sure if I have to use the same format, as in RTU modbus, for messages instructions, or registers representations.

ecoste