Comunicate Softlogix5800 with RSlogix500 ??

rcano

Hello, Im trying to communicate in the same virtual machine my Softlogix5800 with RSlogix5000 but i cant do it untill now!!

in my Softlogix a created and in/out module and a communication module (ethernet) but as im running my RSlogix 5000 in the same virtual machine I cant communicate with ethernet communication, any ideas of how can i communicate them?

Any help will be great!!!

Rudy Cano

In general, you use the RSLinx Classic Virtual Backplane driver to communicate with SoftLogix 5800.

In most SoftLogix 5800 "chassis", RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise "modules" take up slots 0 and 1, and the CPU goes in Slot 2.

There might be some network configuration and firewall rules that are getting between your SoftLogix Ethernet module and the RSLinx Classic EtherNet/IP driver, so go ahead and use the Virtual Backplane driver.

In the softlogix as you said in the slot 0 appears RSlinx classic and CPU in slot 1 I created a IN/OUT module in slot 2 and in the slot 3 an ethernet module, the problem is when I go to RSlinx 5000 and search for a connection with my softlogix 5800 , i cant see the virtual PLC, do i need to configure in a special way to the RSlinx5000 recognize it?

Are you familiar with configuring drivers in RSLinx Classic ?

As I described, you need to create and configure a Virtual Backplane driver in RSLinx, which will allow you to browse the SoftLogix 5800 backplane.

Hi Ken,

Im not familiar configuring drivers in RSlinx Classic, I will read more about it and if I have doubts Ill ask you again!!! Thank you!