whazup?

No, it's now an AB and Siemens FAQ database!

5.GIF

beerchug

-Eric

Terry,
It is for PLC-Related Questions-and-Answers only, just like Phil says above. That covers a lot of ground, as there are a lot of other things related to PLC's, such as plant maintenance. If the maintenance personnel cannot understand the control system, it will not work for very long, no matter how good the programming was. (And if they don't like the alarm horn, they will take a hammer and knock it off the wall).

Now, did you have a PLC question that did not get answered?

I think Terry and Eric right this froun become Maintenace AB and Siemens FAQ database.
I guess the big problems already solved and that what left for us.

The Siemens and AB proponents will say the reason there are so many questions about those brands is because there are so many of them in use.

The Siemens and AB detractors will say the reason there are so many questions about those brands is because they are so counter-intuitive and difficult to use.

Just adding a bit of chum to waters known to be full of sharks.

Terry- I thought you were a big proponent of the concept of System?

Plus, these things seem to come in waves. I remember when Pierre "quit" because all we talked about was AB stuff. Now it seems to be largely siemens.

It is my personal opinion that this site hold value for anybody working with any automation equipment. Even though there are spicific differences from brand to brand, the concepts largely remain the same. I work with a very limited variaty of PLCs (Mostly AD; none of them AB), and I find this site facinating.

from day one.

Hi all
From day one when i participate to this site and i found that it's dedicated to AB more than any brands and this looh reasonable to me but the programming or problems which discussed now a days is going more to siemens.As a whole the programming tips asked nowadays is very rare.
Q:What can we do?
A:1- this site is originally created to PLC programmers to help each other and to share experiance.

2-All of us have expercinced a lot of problams during programming and all of us have a lot of programming Tips .Why each one of us put a question which he know it's answer before in the Live Q&A area for all the members.Each member may provide a solution to the tip may be exact as the known by the thread starter may be better and may be worth.and finally the Best solution can be uploaded to the upload/Download area th all the forum members to benefit from it.
I think it should be a small tricks and small programs samples.may Phil but this tricks in a seperate area.
I think in this way we will acheive the purpose of this site.
Any comments

Smilies

To Eric
Could you please tell me how can you put an external smilies in your reply.I have a lot but i don't know how to include it in my post.

If the board moderator wants to refocus on PLC issues, all it takes is a subtle hint for me. I originally joined to find some answers on some GE PLC's I had inherited and the rest is history.

What with all automation merging together (some drives even have PLC front ends now), I would think it would be hard to narrow the focus very much before the usefulness goes away.

Well, pardner, we isn't seein' near as many elevator questions laely, so mebbe its a fair trade!

I agrees with Rick, there is a lil' bit of a cyclic nature t' some o' this stuff. An, o' course, we all know thet a lot o' them thar "PLC" problems is really problems with the field devices.

But mostly, I figger it's cuz guys come hyar with some very peculiar questions, and there always seems t' be somebody with an answer, so them fellers jist keep comin' back. I reckon it's a compliment o' sorts to the quality of the site and the participants.

I 'spect I'll jist keep skippin' over the topics that don't interest me, and jump in if'n I figger I knows somethin.

Eric Nelson said:
No, it's now an AB and Siemens FAQ database!

Does this mean that Siemens and AB are the most popular PLC's? Or is that an indicament of how **** their support is?

originally posted by Tom Jenkins
I 'spect I'll jist keep skippin' over the topics that don't interest me, and jump in if'n I figger I knows somethin.

That is the way to be Tom!!

Paul

Last edited:
HINT HINT

Maybe if some of you VERY knowledgeable people would offer some advice on a Maintenance site this one could be specific to plc's.

HINT HINT
s2yomizj[1].gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom