Free 4-20ma Simulation Software

willya

I want to know, is there a free 4-20ma simulation software? I have a Honeywell Specview32 SCADA software that can be used to display field transmiters output value to the PC monitor with PLC media. But I want to try to simulate the software first before I implemented it in the real field..

so what you want isnt software but a pyhsical 4-20ma simulation hardware am i correct? there are a bunch of things out there that you can buy. but also on this forum i seen a schematic for a homemade one. maybe try and search for it

so what you want isnt software but a pyhsical 4-20ma simulation hardware am i correct? there are a bunch of things out there that you can buy. but also on this forum i seen a schematic for a homemade one. maybe try and search for it

No.. no..
What I want is a simulation software that just can give 4-20ma output inside my PC. So I can test the Specview32 in offline mode..

i apologize. im not sure if this is possible. someone else with more experience with specview32 should be able to help you.

I want to know, is there a free 4-20ma simulation software? I have a Honeywell Specview32 SCADA software that can be used to display field transmiters output value to the PC monitor with PLC media. But I want to try to simulate the software first before I implemented it in the real field..

4-20mA is an electical signal that is read by hardware and converted to integer or floating point values - it can't be "simulated" inside a PC.

Specview32 for Honeywell is designed to communicate via modbus to either a UMC800 or HC900 and some of Honeywell's single loop controllers. Due to the way Specview builds its tag database, I'm not sure that you can even connect it to a modbus simulator to use offline.

4-20mA is an electical signal that is read by hardware and converted to integer or floating point values - it can't be "simulated" inside a PC.

Specview32 for Honeywell is designed to communicate via modbus to either a UMC800 or HC900 and some of Honeywell's single loop controllers. Due to the way Specview builds its tag database, I'm not sure that you can even connect it to a modbus simulator to use offline.

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But how about it, is there any way to give random value to Specview variable's tag so it can display random value that represent the real input?

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But how about it, is there any way to give random value to Specview variable's tag so it can display random value that represent the real input?

Specview has an embedded driver to communicate with hardware via Modbus. The driver is enhanced for Honeywell. It communicates either over RS485 or Ethernet.

The only possible way I can think to simulate would be with a software package that acts as a Modbus Slave. However, as I said before, the driver enhancements might prevent this from working.

Ok, maybe I cannot get a 4-20ma simulation software that can be used for hc900, but is there any simulation software that can give random values for replacing the plc?

What I mean is, I have a PC and I get Specview32 installed on it and I want to have a random values appears in Specview variables when it's running without using any PLCs..

So I just want to see the specview gives some field parameter values..