MicroLogix 1100 - using analog outputs

ryrzu

Hi!
I'm kind of new to PLCs and I'm learning basics on MicroLogix 1100 with RSLogix Micro software.
I want to write simple program to create triangle shape output using analog outputs but i failed to find instructions how to set analog output voltage. In MicroLogix 1100 manual i found wiring instructions but nothing about programming them.
Could you give me some links to instructions about programming analog outputs please?

The Micrologix 1100 does not have any analog outputs--only two 10-bit analog inputs. It is possible to connect a 1762 analog I/O card but from your post it doesn't sound like that's what you have.

Thanks for answer. Actually i have 1762 analog extension available. My problem is that so far i only used digital outputs so there was only setting one bit at a time. I dont know how analog outputs work and how should i use them in a ladder logic. Of course i don't want You to explain me basics like this here. I would appreciate links with some kind of manuals/tutorials.

Once you see that setting an analog output to a level is done just by moving a number into a word then you will see that creating a triangle waveform (equal linear rise and fall times) can be done easily on successive scans by starting from zero and writing a value on greater each scan. Once you have reached the upper limit continue by subtracting one each scan. The just repeat.

To make a faster rise and fall you would have to add/subtract more than one each time.

To make a slower rise and fall either wait for a constant number of scans between increments/decrements or use a timer to delay the next change.