Read/write live data from Simatic S7 DB's to excel

eibe

Hi.

does anyone know if it's possible to (how to) read data from a S7 data block to a file (for instance excel) while the PLC is running? And maybe even more interesting - if it's possible to write data from an excel file to a DB while program is running? Maybe with Simatic NET as an OPC or something...
My goal is to be able to read / write parameters to the PLC program (i.e DB's), but without having to install Step7 on the computer, and without using any SCADA system. This should be for service personnel only.
If anyone has any experience, and perhaps some tutorials, I'm very interested.

Thanks in advance :)
Eirik

To just log data, there is the quite inexpensive 'easylog' from Deltalogic.

To be able to send data the other way, unfortunately it becomes a bit expensive if you want a canned solution.
You can create your own application using either OPC and Simatic Net, freeware library Libnodave, or paid library from Deltalogic, Indian and others.

dotnet

Hello,

These are things I make with Libnodave and VB.net
Check my website.

Kind regards,
G