Change project revision

simonb

Hello all,

I have older project files created in RSLogix 5000 firmware 17.x range. I have upgraded my RSLogix and the firmware on my PLC to 19.x range. When i try to open my older file it gives me an error and tells me I could do one of the following;

1. Upgrade the controllers firmware.
  2. Select a compatible off line project.
  3. Modify the project revision to be compatible with the firmware.
I would like to modify the project revision but I cant seem to find any information on how this can be done. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You have the option of loading both versions of RSLogix 5000 on the same machine. Make a backup of your version 17 files. You can then open the older files in Version 17. You would then have the opportunity to change then to version 19.

The problem is not with the RSlogix program, its when i try to upload the project to the PLC, the PLCs firmware is newer.

Then you should be able to change the revision of your project to 19 (if that's what you want.) (Option #3) When loaded right-click on the controller and go to 'Properties'. Use the 'Change Controller' to change the revision level. (Make sure you are keeping a revision 17 level backup before changing the file - you can't go backwards.)