Change FT View ME V10 Project with Password

Tim Ganz

I have a FT View ME project that we need to make a simple change to and all we have is the .mer file.

I tried to restore it with the application manager so we can make changes but it has a field for a password and we have no idea what the password would be as this machine was upgraded in-house by a person that passed away shortly after leaving the company for health complications.

Is there any way to remove this password or restore it without it? I have looked everywhere we could think of for a .apa of this project but found nothing.

What are my options?

Have you tried just pressing enter to use a blank space for the password? I vaguely recall some version of FactoryTalk View implementing a password option, but most people didn't see it and just hit the next button without entering anything.