Thermocouple question

gatfu

Hi guys...newby here with a newby question. i have a micrologix 1100 running a basic program i have written. everything is fine on that end however i just purchased the thermocouple expasion unit and i have a thermocouple. I have installed it and configured the channel on the module. I can see data coming in on the input data table so it is reading. however the data table only displays it in binary of course. here is my newb question...how do i program this into my logic so that i can see the data within my program?

change the "radix" setting on your data display window from "binary" to "decimal" ... then you'll see VALUES instead of BITS ...

then look into the SCP instruction and see if that takes care of the scaling ...

if you need more help than that, consider posting your existing program ... or at least tell us everything about how your module is configured ...