dh+ 50 "unable to communicate with remote station" panel view 1400e

showshocka

I'm having a problem with my 1400e panel view communicating with A 5/04 PLC. I switched the program key in back of the 1400e to d/l the pvc. file, which was successful. I did a d/l through application using com4 to my laptop. Once finished I switched the key back to run, and on the Panel View and at the top of the screen I see a message that says "DH+ 50 3:30 unable to communicate with remote station". Now the PLC that this PV is on the network with is a Case packer machine, to keep count of the out feed cases. I do know the the octal node address for it's on PLC is node 36. Here is a picture of the error and the Terminal Network Settings in which the Network address is 5 (don't know if that changed back to default being that it is 5) the baud rate is 57.6K, and the Outstanding packets are 3.

100_3767.jpg 100_3768.jpg

According to your screen shots your PV1400 application is configured to communicate with two DH+ nodes, DH+ 36 and DH+ 50.
The error message is related to Node 50; are the communications with Node 36 functional?
Have you edited/added objects "connected" to Node 50?
The communications with Node 50 might time-out since the "watchdog" is set to 3 seconds vs. 6 for Node 36; 3 seconds are usually sufficient, however, legacy hardware/firmware are not known for their agility.
The DH+ node number of the HMI terminal resides within the PV1400 application; if it has changed it was due to the Download.

your PV1400 application is configured to communicate with two DH+ nodes, DH+ 36 and DH+ 50.

Yes, The Case Packer machine cabinet that houses the PLC, node DH+ 50 was turned off in the middle of my absence, for maintenance. Node 36 is the PLC that that PV comms. with for the main process. Thank you.

Let's say I wanted to add another node, like DH+ 34, a PLC 5/04 on to that network, how would I put the info into the PV to see it? Or will the PV find it itself?

Yes.
Within the PV1400 application, navigate to PLC Communications/Nodes and add the DH+ station number you want to relate the HMI application to, while specifying the Name of the node, CPU type and the DH+ Station Number (Octal); don't forget to ENABLE the node.
The HMI application will "find" any compatible, networked,configured and active DH+ nodes listed within the PLC Communications/Nodes folder.