GE Fanuc 90-30

bfranklin

I am not familiar with this plc at all.
I have the machine edition proficy software, the proper serial cable but not sure how to connect to the plc.
I have no plc program, I wanted to upload from the plc.
How do I connect?

The programming port is the 15-pin on the power supply module in the rack that houses the CPU module. There may be other ports available depending upon the CPU, but the port on the power supply is always available. Its out-of-the-box settings are 19200 baud, 8 data bits, odd parity which matches the default COM port settings in Machine Edition.

You say you have proper serial cable....9 pin Dsub on 1 end and 15 pin Dsub on the other?
It plugs into serial port on PC to port on 90-30 power supply.
Fire up Machine Edition, make a new 90-30 project, and see if you can "Verify" and then "Upload from Controller"..

I created a target and was able to connect and uploaded program but at the bottom right of the screen it says the program is not equal?

If project is not equal, you will not see anything in Monitor mode.

You say it says not equal....
Is here a red x on the project plc name?

Try to upload again. Do you see any errors in the smaller window, usually in the bottom left of machine edition (****...I can't remeber the name of he window)?

no errors but a bunch of warnings like:
-Warning 8124: Coil conflict at %Q00097,
-Warning 8022: Type mismatch between variable and instruction
-Warning 8099: Variable [R00434] was automatically aliased to [R00433[1]]
?????????????

Just off of the top of my head, but I think that you need to make sure that your project name matches the PLC's program name.

Sounds like Logicmaster or Versapro was the prior culprit. Warnings aren't show stoppers. See if you can find the errors in your offline program. It may be possible to fix the offline program, but your chances are so slim it's not close to the funny parts.

Ideally, you download an older program, then upload it back to the PLC with the proficy version. With the errors, I would honestly try logicmaster or versapro first, because your chances of screwing it up online right now are very good using proficy. Some of the older versions allowed "errors" that really weren't errors, just bad programming! Find a ::cougholdversionofLM90fromsomebodycough::.

(Proficy is the best program to use, though...)

And if my memory serves me (usually it's just cold leftovers), I think thaat you have to start ME from the same folder as the PLC's project. It's been awhile, but I had the exact same problem about six months ago. But I've slept since then...

no errors but a bunch of warnings like:
-Warning 8124: Coil conflict at %Q00097,
-Warning 8022: Type mismatch between variable and instruction
-Warning 8099: Variable [R00434] was automatically aliased to [R00433[1]]
?????????????

8124: Search 97Q and see if you can find error.
By the way....if 97Q is a "Set" coil with a"Reset" coil, Machine Edition sees it as a dual use of an output and gives a warning......this is sort of a nuisance.
You can disable foul coil warnings in General" properties tab. Otherwise his warning is still okay, ME jut wants to let you know.

8022: Hmmmm.....odd but may be related to LM90 software compatibility issues as stated in previous post. It would have been nice to give variabl or instruction rung. Maybe if you fix the other errors, we will get a better tip.

8099: I get thisa lot in LM90 to Machine conversions. You only appear to have one....so you are lucky.
Search 434R, but make sure "Implicit" is also selected in search options.
it will find R400433(1). Then rename R00433(1) to R00434.

Then try verify again and let me know what errors you have.

At some point you may have to "download" to make the memory structure match ME and not LM90. .
That may be keeping you from going online.

But we need become confident in what you uploaded.