SEW drives Movidrive & Movitrac B

Denker

Hi.

I need to communicate between one Movidrive MDX61B (master), two Movitrac B (slaves) and one HMI (DOP11B25), but I have doubt about which interface to be used SBUS Movilink (X12) ou RS485 (X13) ?

>> I´m using Movidrive with IPOS.

Anyone can help me, please ?

Best regards.

You can use SBus. You need to give each drive a SBus address.
EX: Master-1, Slave A- 2 and Slave B-3 Parameter group 8.
You need FSC11B cards on Movitrac B drives.
Then loop SBus Terminals Between 3 drives. Turn the resistor on two outside drives.
Then you can read or write between the drives using Movilink or Scomm commands.
I have done this many times.
Let me know what you are trying to do with these drives.
Then I can help you further.

You can use SBus. You need to give each drive a SBus address.
EX: Master-1, Slave A- 2 and Slave B-3 Parameter group 8.
You need FSC11B cards on Movitrac B drives.
Then loop SBus Terminals Between 3 drives. Turn the resistor on two outside drives.
Then you can read or write between the drives using Movilink or Scomm commands.
I have done this many times.
Let me know what you are trying to do with these drives.
Then I can help you further.

Hi Ranjith.

You said I could use the SBUS, but I found in the SEW manuals two configuration options: one with SBUS (as suggested by you) and one with RS-485, according the picture attached.

My question are:

- What's the difference in using SBUS or RS-485? I really have two options available? When I use one or the other?
- And the HMI (DOP11B25). Can I connect it only on SBUS or RS-485?

A little more of my application:

I have to program a machine that will grind parts (axes). This machine consists of one servomotor (Movidrive MDX61B controls), one induction motor for the grinding wheel (MOVITRAC B MC07B controls) and another induction motor for spindle (MOVITRAC B MC07B controls) for rotating the part.
The machine also has an HMI (DOP11B25) passing the parameters of length, speed, etc. for Movidrive (master) that also passes the speed and control commands (start, stop, etc) to both Movitrac B (slaves) through comm.

The both MOVITRAC B only work as frequency converters for speed, ramp-up/down adjustment of grinding wheel and spindle.
The Movidrive controls the servomotor that moves the grinding wheel, ie, it does the linear motion of forward/backward of the grinding wheel to grind the parts.

For Movidrive I'm using IPOS (compiler language).

I hope I've managed to explain the application and you can help me.

Best regards.

SEW_Drives_comm.jpg

DOP panel can only communicate with the drives using RS485.
My suggestions are:
OPTION 1
1. CONNECT THE DOP PANEL TO MOVIDRIVE VIA RS 485
2. SEND THE PARAMETERS FROM DOP PANEL TO MOVIDRIVE.
3. FORM A SBUS NETWORK BETWEEN 3 DRIVES AS SHOWN IN YOUR 3.1.2 FIGURE
4. USE TERMINALS TO CONTROL THE MOVIDRVE. P101
5. IN P6 GROUP ASSIGN ONLY ENABLE TO A TERMINAL. AND MAKE THE REST TO IPOS INPUT.
6. THEN USE THE IPOS PROGRAM TO DO THE REQUIRED JOB. YOU CAN USE IPOS INPUTS TO DO VARIOUS JOBS. EX. JOG CW, JOG CCW OR MOVE TO A POSITION. YOU CAN USE 2 IPOS INPUTS TO DO 4 VARIOUS JOBS BY BINARY CODING.
7. NOW LETS TALK ABOUT HOW TO CONTROL THE MOVITRACS.
YOU CAN RUN AN IPOS PROGRAM IN MOVITRACS. NEED TO ENABLE A PARAMETER IN SHELL TO DO THIS. USE H VARIABLES TO DO VARIUOS JOBS. FOR EXAMPLE.
H0=1 CW , H0=2 CCW
H1=2000 RPM (200 RPM) H2=1000 RAMP UP (1SEC) H3=2000 RAMP DOWN (2SEC)
8. USE MOVILINK COMMANDS IN THE MOVIDRIVE TO WRITE TO ABOVE MOVITRAC VARIABLES TO CONTROL THE MOVITRACS.
OPTION 2
1. FORM A RS485 NETWORK BETWEEN ALL 4 DEVICES.
2. DOP PANEL CAN SEND THE PARAMETERS TO ALL 3 DRIVES. RAMPS, SPEED ETC.
2. USE TERMINALS TO STOP START DRIVES.

HOPE THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF THE WHOLE STRUCTURE.

Last edited:
Hi.

Thanks for your time. I've got the idea ...

Taking the opportunity of this thread I'd like to know if you've ever read the examples of the "IPOS - Positioning and Sequence Control System" manual?
(please, see the link here on page 266).

I have a doubt in the example "Compiler programming frame" on page 272:

In positioning function "fnPositioning ()" I understood the logic used, but I didn't understand how the positioning is done, because there's no positioning instruction there e.g. _GoAbs or _GoRel, etc ?

Could you clear that for me ?

Best regards.

I usually do my programs in assembler code.
I can help you with assembler code. what you need to do with the servo drive?
Does it run to an absolute, relative or jog?

I usually do my programs in assembler code.
I can help you with assembler code. what you need to do with the servo drive?
Does it run to an absolute, relative or jog?

Actually I need it done in "compiler", as it's a customer requirement. :sick:

I was studying this example to try to adapt my program to that structure I found interesting. But my question is that I see no positioning instructions in that function (fnPositioning() ).

Could be the example incomplete?

Greetings.

Hi Ranjith.

I am setting up the drives (Movidrive and MOVITRAC) and I'm having doubts on some parameters as schematic drawing attached (red notes).

1) I'm programming only Movidrive with IPOS. The other two MOVITRAC drives are only sending and receiving data to/from Movidrive (master) via SBus.

2) I'm using all I/Os (DI/DO) of Movidrive in IPOS programming, so I set P600 to P617 and P620 to P637 as IPOS input/output. In both MOVITRAC I left these parameters as "no function".
Is that correct?

3) Is necessary to configure the parameters P870 to P876 of both MOVITRAC, or only in Movidrive?

4) I am also doubtful whether the parameters P100 and P101 are set correctly for this application on all drives?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Best regards.

SEW drives.jpg

I have set up and tested a Movidrive with a Movtrac to do what u r planning to do.
There is a problem if you loose SBus comms then the slaves data stays in the last state and continue to run.
This is the nature of SComm command. Probably u can set up a watch dog or use Movilink instead SComm.
You need to have an IPOS code in the Movitrac also.
I have emailed you the 2 IPOS programs with comments and also complete parameter files.
You can convert the assembler codes to compiler.
This method is not the only way possible.
Hope this will help you.