SEW MOVI-C Drives - 'C0' Fault Code

0151paul

Hello Everyone.

Looking to see if any of you have encountered an issue with these drives. We have a major installation with around 30 of these drives, all are the MDX91A, the system has been online without issues for 12-18months.

Back in June 2023 we had our first single failure of these drives. The C0 fault indicates an issue with the module bus. The drive basically thinks its a Slave and the Master as been disconnected. This function is selected via the S3 switch on the unit itself. All our drives are masters, we have no slaves and the S3 switches are all set correctly. SEW undertook the repair of this single unit and reported a failure of the internal 24v. They did this at there cost without accepting responsibility.

Fast forward to now, March 2024. After a planned power down of the wider plant upon power up we have had 5off drives fail with the same issue. Random across the installation no other invertor types affected, we have Powerflex and Nord in larger numbers than the SEW drives powered from the same incoming and distribution panels. Some of the drives that have failed are one of three drives mounted and powered next to each other in the same panels.

For the moment SEW appear to be acknowledging the problem and sending us replacement drives but on a 'non-fault' basis. As these were constructed/supplied during COVID and we all know about the supply chain issues, I think there's probably an issue in the manufacture but speaking to the UK services guys they are saying that they haven't seen this anywhere else.

Thought Id ask here to see if anyone else has come across this problem?