TOT reset

remullis

How do you setup a TOT in RSlogix 5000 to reset @ a certain time everyday? I have a particular totalizer for a weigh belt calculating ton/hr. Its resetting every morning at 6:00 am. I cant find anything in logic triggering this. Do you have any suggestions?

Do a Cross Reference on the Tag (Right Click Menu) and you should be able to find the PLC Code that is resetting it.

Stu....

If you don't find anything using Stu's method, perhaps your SCADA has a macro to write to TotalizerName.OperResetReq or TotalizerName.ProgResetRequest at 6am.

I done a cross reference with nothing showing in the code. We use wonderware as our operator interface, could something be running (macros)in this system to cause the reset?

Our system consists of RSlogix 5000, interfacing with Wonderware and we use Wonderware Historian for trending. The trend shows the Totalization zero out at 6. I referenced this issue with identical lines running in our plant but I see no differences.

I know you said you have found nothing in the code but still I thought maybe I should post one of the most common methods of resetting a Totalizer at a particular time of the day.Are you sure that rungs similar to the one shown below are not present in any of your ladders?

Totalizer.gif