Using TOT block to calculate Energy in kWh from Power in KW

Ihtisham

I want to calculate the energy consumed from instantaneous power. Can this be done using the TOT block with timebase set to Hour?

I want to calculate the energy consumed from instantaneous power. Can this be done using the TOT block with timebase set to Hour?
Probably. The biggest problem is probably going to limited accuracy due to the precision of the REAL input. Perhaps TOT can take an LREAL input?

Did you read the description of the TOT instruction here?

Is this related to the other thread here?

I suspect you won't be happy with a time base of one hour. There will be lots of power variations in that time frame. Instead, consider using a minute time base and divide the results by 60 to get kWh.

Similar Topics

I have a project to automate four generator sets. The system will monitor and store the load demand of the factory. Once there's Power outage, the...
Replies
Views
Adding ethernet equipment to an existing panel that has none. We have some solid ethernet cables coming from other remote cabinets that I plan to...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to use the IO Device Library (Product Versions) which is configured to work with the 1756-EN4TR & 1756-EN2TR but my system uses...
Replies
Views
Hello, As part of our project, we are using an M241 controller. This controller interfaces with an industrial computer and a router via a switch...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom