Logic flow diagrams

Hal9000

Hi folks,

I have been asked by an oil & gas client to provide Logic Flow Diagrams to accompany the function description document (which I have almost completed). I would like to produce something half decent looking.

Does anyone have any examples of something that would pass as professional, that I could perhaps use as a guide to base my Logic Flow Diagrams on?

King regards,

J.

I don't know about "professional" looking – but the method used in the PDF in the following post has served me well over the years ... the basic ideas might be helpful to you ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=505010&postcount=21

basically it's a CAD drawing that shows a PLC location as a box
with the address over the box
the range of values under the box
an example value inside the box
an arrow to show where the signal in the box came from
a bubble to show what makes the incoming signal move into the box
an arrow to show where the signal in the box is going
a bubble to show what makes the incoming signal move out of the box
and so on

and maybe some comments where necessary ...

this approach helps a lot in my line of work – and several customers have adopted it for their own use ...

Thanks guy's I have Visio and I've used Smartdraw in the past. Ron's example was very useful and the kind of stuff I was looking for to help me.

Thanks again.