Best Logic for a Flow Split?

Shiro485

Hey all,
I'm looking for a little advice.
I developed a system with 16 different lines, and a color injection. This mixes all the raw ingredients and injects color.

Customer has decided they would like the addition of a color split, so that we could make two seperate batches.

The split can be anywhere between 0-100% between the two colors.

The split will be modulated with flow control valves at each discharge point.

Im looking for the best practice in determining the split.
I have thought about summing the flow from all active lines flowmeters and then applying the split to that total flow, but I foresee this being a problem upon initial startup.

Or alternatively taking the setpoints for each active line and adding those together and then splitting from there. .

Has anyone done anything similar and might have some advice to impart on me?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

When I've done similar I take the desired split as a percentage of total. Then I add the total actual flows. The flow setpoint for each path sent to the flow control loops is then the total actual times the desired percent.