FactoryTalk View SE NumericInput Out of Range Indication

habadeer

As far as I can tell the only way to know that a value entered into the NumericInput object is out of range is when it is highlighted in whatever color was configured in the Display's behavior.

I would prefer that the a popup appeared to indicate that the value was out of range and what the minimum and maximum values are. Is there a way to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

(FactoryTalk SE v6.1)

You should be able to do this using VBA.

Private Sub NumericInput1_Change()
If NumericInput1.Value < MinValue OR NumericInput1.Value > Max Value Then
MsgBox "Invalid Entry! The range for this item is MinValue - MaxValue", vbOkOnly, "Invalid Entry"
Else
End If

Something like that should work.

Thanks, boilers38....again.

Yeah, the more I get into FactoryTalk View SE the more I realize you are supposed to use VBA to do anything that is not incredibly basic. The only reason this gets annoying is that I am actually converting a custom written VB6 HMI application to FactoryTalk View, so everytime I have to write something in VBA I feel like, "Why am I converting this?" Especially since I know the new FactoryTalk View app will not run as fast as the original VB6 app.

Just venting. Thanks again for the help.