SLC 5/05 trouble

ubay

U
i'm new in using PLC...

first time i used it, there is no problem in it. Then suddenly red cross showed up. so i check on the help-online ----> and the help said to remove, so i removed it. but after that, i can't detect again my PLC.

i'm using SLC5/05 1747-L552 (modular type), and communicate with PC with RS232..

the problem is that my PC can't detect the PLC but when i saw through the driver diagnostic, there are packets sent and reply in a good way, but i still can't detect my PLC. Then here are some things that i have done :

- i check the power ----> is connected
- i check the serial RS232 ----> is connected
- i configure the driver -----> AB-DF1 Serial
- i uninstall the operating system and all the software -----> didn't worked out
- because i'm also using womderware as the MMI, i uninstall it also, but still didn't work out
- i change the communication using ethernet -----> still can't work out, it found the node but can't detect the device (the device slc5/05 not recognized)

anybody can help me with this problems...
btw. i'm using only RSLinx Lite..and not using any modul as an addition such as PIC-driver or else instead using direct connections

now, i'm in desperate conditions...

i eager to hear from forums as soon as possible, mail me at
- [email protected]
- [email protected]

best regards...

It sounds to me like you inadvertently turned on DF1->Ethernet passthrough or somehow set the serial port for DH485 or ASCII modes.

Let's default the processor:

Power down.
Remove CPU module and unplug the battery leads on it's motherboard.
Turn over the CPU module and look for two solder pads marked GND and VDD. They're about 2 inches down and 1 inch to the left of the back of the motherboard.
Short these out for about 60 seconds, which will drain the onboard capacitor.

When you reconnect the CPU to the system, you should be faulted (there's no program) but the DF1-1 driver should correctly Autoconfig and allow you online.

Once you've loaded a program, make sure you have a valid IP address entered under Channel Configuration that is on the same IP subnet as your computer, then you can commence to configuring an Ethernet driver in RSLinx and in Wonderware.