Proface HMI ID

jkerekes

My customer gave me the following info: I can't find anything on the Proface site. Can anyone help? Thanks!

>> Proface
>> Mod#288061
>>
>> Serial# 32504710093
>>
>> Rev# ABCDEFGH*JKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123 with the 12 highlighted in red

That doesn't look like a proper Proface model number - infact, looking at a "Fleabay" listing the number you want is below the number your customer has given you. Normally it should start "Gp" "AGP" or something similar.

Most screens I have bought, the model number ends in 24 - the supply voltage. Get the customer to send a photo of the rating plate.

What do you want to do?

Last edited:
Thanks. That's maybe why I couldn't find it either. I will get back with my customer to see if there is another number somewhere.

Got this from Proface:

Thank you for contacting Pro-face America Customer Service.

Based on the serial number you provided the model is a GP2400-TC41-24V which is a discontinued model.

Part Number: GPPRO-CNT01W-P03
Description: GP-PRO/PBIII C-Package 03 Config. Software - no download cable
$425.00

Part Number: GPW-CB02
Description: GP/GLC/ST/LT/PanelStation RS-232 HMI Programming Cable: Connects HMI to PC Port 9 pin D-Sub
Price: $155.00

or

Part Number: GPW-CB03
Description: USB HMI Programming Cable: Connect HMI to PC USB port
Price: $155.00

Does anyone know if the original development files can't be located, can the project be uploaded from the panel?

Thanks!

If the "save project in the panel" option had been selected when the project was being downloaded, then yes, you can upload it back. Otherwise - no luck; start from scratch.

To make things mor complicated, GP-Pro was not the only software development system for these screens; a lot had been developed using QuickDesigner, which is an entirely different beast (owned by GE now).

Ask your customer if he may spot any clues being displayed when the unit powers up (like firmware name/rev level etc) or if he can take snapshots of some of the screens - sometimes you may guess which software package was used just by looking at the screen objects.

Thanks for the information. I'll see what else I can find out. That's interesting that there are two different software packages for the same HMI terminal.

That's interesting that there are two different software packages for the same HMI terminal.

Well, actually it used to be three - a (pretty nuce btw) package called Pro-Designer was available a few years ago. But Pro-face, after having bought the original manufacturer, stopped the development so this is a relatively rare species.