Help

EmperorMosta

I'm a student and we were taught about FBD digital PLC programming. I know how to work with digital modules without any problems, but now I have been asked to program an analog PLC module that is simply a comparator that compares between 5 different analog voltage values. I don't know what's the difference or there will be none at all in the programming. The task is to compare them and choose the lowest and the highest values.

I know the difference between analog and digital PLCs, but will that differ in the written code since it's not ones and zeros anymore?! Another problem is that we are not allowed to write codes and just upload them and try them due to some stupid policies. :S

I've been searching the internet all over to get an answer for this without success.

Thanks in advance. :)

The best sources:

(1)The PLC Software Programming Reference Manual for the brand and model of your PLC.

(2) Search on this site for "Xxxxxxx PLC XX-XXX analog inputs", where the x's are the brand and model for your PLC. (Yes, they are not all the same).

(3) Write another post here and state the brand and model of your PLC, and the catalog number of your analog input module. Then someone can give you detailed answers.

My crystal ball is slowly clearing the fog and showing "Siemens" brand.