Reset Timer

Cup O Noodles

Hey all

Simple question here (I think)...

I'm using RSLogix 5000. I have a TON instruction, it counts to 5 seconds, and then executes some stuff. How do I reset the timer and start it back up again immediately when it gets to 5?

Put the timers "DN" done bit on the rung ahead of the "TON" instruction.

What triggers the timer? Can you post a snap shot of the timer's rung?

In RSlogix there are two ways to reset a TON instruction.

1: As in the examples shown, a false input to the timer will reset a TON. Placing an xio tmr.dn bit in the line is a common way to do this. Note there will be one scan where the timer will not be timing in this method.

2: You can use the RES instruction with the TON. Before your timer, place the logic xic tmr.dn res tmr This will reset the accumulated value.