manually reset pulse timer before end of counter

elcyr

Hello everyone‚

Fairly new to PLC prog I seek your advise concerning what is said in my thread title;

I program using workbench components;

I would like to know if it is possible to reset a pulse timer before the end of the timer delay that is set in the PT variable ?

Is there a way too bypass that timer count down and force the pulse timer to stop ?

If it is not possible? is there be an alternative ?

Thank you in advance or your help

C

I do not know that platform, however, if there is no way you could roll your own for example use a resettable on timer instead.
The pic below shows how to use a turn on resettable timer as a resettable pulse timer.
Bit M0 is a one shot rising (OSR) i.e. when the bit is turned on it gives a pulse for one scan often this is called an OSR or pulse bit you can roll your own if this function is not available but it is unlikely.
This pulse sets a bit to use as the pulse, The delay on timer is used to reset the bit after the time delay or the initiating bit M0 goes off (one shot Falling)
The bit M0 is used in place of the pulse timer contact.

M0 transition to on sets pulse bit
M1 starts on delay timer
Timer up or M0 transition to false resets the bit.

Resetable Pulse Timer.png