Reading Pulses from encoder

bornwild

Hey guys

I have a TWK encoder . WIth 4096 ppr and 334 mm /turn. I would like to get position from it.. How to count the pulses . I have contrologix plc. Also How do i reset the encoder to a know position (homing). I have read a lot but I cant seem how do I count the pulses. It is 32 bit encoder.

You do not write the model / type of TWK encoder you want to use.

Encoder data can be read with 1756-HSC card.
Reset and function depends on the type / model of encoder

Hi

Homing can be as simple as a prox switch or a z pulse on the encoder.
Please do add the part number of the encoder and as already said a high speed counter card is the best way to go

Donnchadh

Similar Topics

Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this, analog in could be used, but could I connect the input pwm signal 1 digital input pin on the plc...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have 8 CJ2m plc units that show different numbers on the plc display and i am stuck on reading the info. my unit has an ip address of...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am not proficient in RSLogix 500 so I have a question regarding the evaluation of N7:0 data as an input. So as I understand in...
Replies
Views
Trying to setup a message read via Ethernet. I have the path setup as 1, 1, 2, 192.168.66.10 I get an error code 1, ext err 315. I am beating...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom