DNT file from PLC5 to CLX

CoastalControl

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Is it possible to use a .dnt file for the 1771-SDN in a plc5 and take that same file and write it to a 1756-DNB in a clx and be able to use the same code in the 5 converted to the clx? Of course the BTW's and BTR's will change to MSG commands, but will the dnt files still work?

You probably need more info than this, but let me know what you need and I will try and supply the info..

Thanks

Even though the *.DNT scanner configuration files are built using the same "DeviceNet Master Library" features and functions, the scanner modules have fundamentally different backplane objects and there is no provision in RSNetworx for DeviceNet to automatically convert between the two platforms.

You can retain much of the same mapping by manually re-creating the scanlist in the 1756-DNB, so that the logic still references the same offsets in the data table, but it won't be automatic.

Thank you, Ken. I appreciate the information. The system has two 5's with two SDN's in one and another SDN in the other 5. They want to put all of this together into one CLX package. Both are PLC 5/80's with ENET side cards. I am going to quote each plc into it own clx and then as time permits, move each machine from one clx to the other clx until I have all of the machines on one.

Does this sound like the best way to tackle this to you?

Thanks,