New to HMI programming

mcmurdo

I've programmed many PLCs, but never an HMI. Now I have a project for a basic text-screen HMI to alter 5 timers on a PLC.

My PLC of choice is Mitsubishi FX, using GX developer. Mitsubishi sell the Beijer terminals over here in the UK for the FX range.

How easy is it to get to grips with an HMI? What do I do? Where do I start? :(

Pick the Beiger HMI panel that you think best fits your job, then upload a copy of the User Manual for that terminal. Then read the manual from cover to cover at least once, then decide if it works like you thought it would. If so, buy the terminal and the programming software. Then start work.

Similar Topics

Hey Guys, I am looking to bring some new guys onto my team and I was pondering the idea of doing a basic test just to weed out some peoeple that...
Replies
Views
I am trying to reduce the number of values behind the decimal point on the HMI. The values it is reading are "REAL" values from the PLC. I am...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. I just recently did my first Panelview Plus 1000 programming using Factory Talk View Studio ME. With a little bit of trial and a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please I need a rough estimate or idea rather (in USD) For a PLC Programming and HMI screen design/configuration contract Project of 50...
Replies
Views
Looking to find a programming cable to download an already developed Quick Panel application which I have the software for. The hardware is a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom