Siemens Third Party GSD

engrhammad

Hi,

I am trying to create a GSD for KEB inverter to connect with siemens s7-300 via profibus but dont know how to do it, if someone please help.

And also tell me where this GSD will be saved when i download my program to PLC. weather it will be saved in CF card or any place else.

Regards,
EHRA

You do not create the GSD file.
Go to the web site for the drive manufacturer and download it.
Then install in from the Hardware Configuration tool.

You can actually create gsd files - I've done it once - the supplier didn't give me the file - just the elements in it.

All I had to do was write the elements into notepad and save it with .gsd on the end.

The crucial part is making sure you obtain the correct values/ elements to place in the file.

HTH

Rob

Thanks Mike,

Just tell me one thing more, when we download our program to PLC (Siemens PLC) the hardware configuration also download with it. Where program and hardware configuration will be saved? Shall it be saved in CF card or any other memory location in PLC

Regards,
EHRA

You can actually create gsd files - I've done it once - the supplier didn't give me the file - just the elements in it.

All I had to do was write the elements into notepad and save it with .gsd on the end.

The crucial part is making sure you obtain the correct values/ elements to place in the file.

HTH

Rob
Thanks Rob,

Just tell me one thing more, when we download our program to PLC (Siemens PLC) the hardware configuration also download with it. Where program and hardware configuration will be saved? Shall it be saved in CF card or any other memory location in PLC

Regards,
EHRA

Thanks Mike,

Regards,
EHRA

Hello Hamad;
You do not actually download the hardware configuration to the Siemens PLC. The contents of the HWConfig editor are compiled to a number od SDBs (Standard DataBlocks) along with the program and they are then located in the load memory of the PLC (either RAM or EEPROM card for a S7-400, or an MMC for a S7-300.
he following links should give you better explanations on the subject:
How can you obtain an overview of the memory concept of SIMATIC S7-300 CPUs and C7 devices? </B />
How can I get an overview of the S7-400 memory concept?</B />
TIP: S7-1500 Memory concepts</B />

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier