Siemens S-200, 300, and 400

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. Could someone with Siemens PLC controls please tell me the difference between the S-200, S-300, and S-400? I have a project coming up that my superior wants me to use a Siemens PLC and I don't have much experience with them. Thank you

There are many differences, ill try to list some off the top of my head:
- the s7 200 uses a different programming software to the other 2
- 300 & 400 can generally be programmed in step 7 classic or the newer TIA.
- 200 have been replaced by 1200 which is programmed exclusively in TIA
- the capabilities and performance increase with each model with only the 400 capable of dual redundant cpus.

There's many other differences e.g. Io on base, scan time, max io, memory etc.

S7-200 = been discontinued
S7-300 = small to medium projects
S7-400 = medium to large projects
S7-1200 = small to medium-sized projects (successor to the S7-200)
S7-1500 = medium to large projects

This is a rough description of the individual systems, but the choice of system depends on the complexity of the control system, the size of "geographical" plant will be and the capabilities of the system.

So more information on the system, and we can give your a hint about what direction your choice should be.

Read more about the different Siemens systems here:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/s...n/brochure_simatic-controller_overview_en.pdf

:d

S7-300 = small to medium prices
S7-400 = medium to large prices
S7-1200 = small to medium-prices
S7-1500 = medium to large prices

:D

S7-200 = been discontinued
S7-300 = small to medium projects
S7-400 = medium to large projects
S7-1200 = small to medium-sized projects (successor to the S7-200)
S7-1500 = medium to large projects

This is a rough description of the individual systems, but the choice of system depends on the complexity of the control system, the size of "geographical" plant will be and the capabilities of the system.

So more information on the system, and we can give your a hint about what direction your choice should be.

Read more about the different Siemens systems here:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/s...n/brochure_simatic-controller_overview_en.pdf